Thursday, October 23, 2008

Unexpected findings

I have very limited time on the net. The number of my favourite links is only 2 digits. These are a few that I stumbled upon that I felt worth sharing.

Looking for recipes?

A website with heavy traffic is always good. I like to see what other people says about the recipes. Especially love the little text bubble that appears when your cursor moves over the title of a review. Saves downloading time, good for impatient surfer like me.

Looking for handmade craft or searching for inspiration?

Like ebay, but selling only handmade things.

Crochet Poet's Treasure Box

I have known how to crochet for a very long time. The fact that knitting is more popular than crocheting alway made me sad. Crocheting patterns are harder to come by than knitting patterns. So this website is really a treasure box to me.

A dress a day

I love dresses. That why.

This is not a website that I frequented. Just stumbled upon it and can't help falling in love with the layout and the writing. Try moving your cursor over the teapot. The writing is humorous, informative and persuasive. A terrific example of a good web page.

2 comments:

LeeWah said...

I love those links. I am picking up sewing, bought a Singer sewing machine a month ago, but no chance to open the box after bringing home. :)

Sask said...

Open it! You will love it.

But please have all the tools and materials ready, as it is very frustrating when you have to stop halfway because you are out of threat/interface/scissors/iron.